Thursday, December 6, 2007

Fuck Campus Apathy, Read My Damn Blog


Dive, for a second, into the thoughtstream of making a blog:

"UCI kinda is (really is) an apathetic campus-i really want to make this blog popular-i should have a first post that kills-i don't want to be preachy-especially about the whole apathetic campus-what if people are offended?-maybe if i made like a set of rules (facts about rice) that would prevent people from being offended-wow uci is really apathetic-no, can't say that, that's preachy-damn thoughtstreams are cliche as fuck-if i bold somewhat important words, i can make that my trademark and be a popular blog"

Result: a super preachy first blog, a defensive and patronizing and bourgeois-ass "Facts About Rice" constitution, a pretty shit blog (shitblog? shit-blog! swearing sounds so stupid when you write it out).

So, in my attempt for redemption, this is my first true post:

Fuck Campus Apathy, Read My Damn Blog.

Shock Jock? Yeah, definitely. But I mean, it's kind of elegant in a really minimalist way. It's like saying, there's no point in me trying to describe why to read my blog, but this is what i'm trying to solve (campus apathy), and this is what I'm trying to get you to do to solve it (read my damn blog). (Note: This explanation itself is already beginning to be preachy, defensive, and patronizing. Also note: I'm discovering italics!)

Things can only get better from here.

No comments: